We are not what you think we are...

Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Take a deep breath.Stop from anything you were doing.Listen.Try to get over the ear splitting noise of the busy town you're living in or the beautiful singing voices of the birds.Listen to you.The real you.Who says when it's time to eat or drink, to sleep or walk.That you knows everything about you.And more.
Though, you'd never listen to yourself.Why?Oh, there would be so many reasons.Some would be, of course, excuses, but our mind easily transforms them into reasons.Unexplicable.Though, take it the other way.Why not?
What would be wrong about not paing attention to what everybody else says and listen to you?Do what you like, not what you're told?And, though you don't really know what to do,you know for sure what you don't want to do.So, leave everything behind.Right now.
Listen to you.And do it carefully.You have the choice.And the right to choose.So, now, what do you hear?




[illustration-garancedore.fr]

19 comentarii:

D. spunea...

This is a lovely post, I needed it tonight.

Flashes of Style spunea...

Gorgeous illustration :)

Eliza spunea...

i'm so sorry for my absence these days dear Ruxandra, but i'm back now :) school started and i was pretty busy (and i will be from now on). i'm glad we have so much in common. and this post was so beautiful :) you evoke such wondrous feelings <3

Sara spunea...

you are one inspiring person (lovely, too)

HMcK spunea...

Love it. Can't wait for the movie!

Rosie Unknown spunea...

Amazing, inspiring, and beautifully written. Wonderful!

Anonim spunea...

I love "Alice"... it's amazing.

Katie spunea...

What a beautiful blog! Truly lovely :)

claradevi spunea...

We really do need a break and stare into our heart's desires... Thank you for the beautiful reminder. And for your sweet, sweet comment on my latest post... Thank you :)

daisychain spunea...

I needed to read this today. Thanks

Anonim spunea...

what a cool drawing. great bag. it reminds me of dior

Ela spunea...

Sometimes we get too caught up in caring what other people think or say, it's nice to clear our heads, listen to our own voice, our own hearts - our own gut. Thank you for the reminder :)

Fashion Cappuccino spunea...

Beautiful post! I love the line from Alice in Wonderland and your blog's title! :-) xoxoxo

Lexie spunea...

what a nice post. and i love the illustration.

ps. yes, that jacob in the comments is "my jacob."

Caroline Cakewise spunea...

Hi Ruxanda! I've been *assigned* as your partner for the A Bun Can Dance Letter Writing tag! Exciting. ^^ Was wondering who wanted to write first, so our letters don't cross! Also, I'm doubly glad about the challenge because it meant I got to discover your blog - it's gorgeous. I love the mix of famous quotes and your own words, and the illustrations. It's like stumbling into a dream! Love xx

Indy spunea...

You never fail to inspire me! This drawing is beautiful, as are the wonderful words!

Damsels spunea...

i'm definitely in a situation where im being forced more more toward s a fork in the road .. icant choose i dont know how to go about choosing abd its driving me insane .. this choice is very likely to change my life

Sierra spunea...

Listen to your heart and it can take you to anywhere you want to go! The world is yours to discover. I love your words darling, I hope you enjoyed your weekend. I left you an award at my blog. :) Beautiful photos, as always.

WREN spunea...

oh Alice in Wonderland....beautifullll.